Overseas Landlords

overseas landlord top image

Karsons Lettings are happy to manage properties for landlords living in another country. There are extra issues non UK resident landlords needs to be aware of ... we can take care of them all.

Services For Non-Resident landlords
- Providing application forms, advice and guidance regarding the Non-Resident landlord scheme.
- For overseas landlords that have not applied or received 'approval', We will submit accounts to the Inland Revenue quarterly and you will receive a certificate as evidence of any tax that has been paid on your behalf.
- We are obliged to provide an annual return to the Inland Revenue for all non-resident landlords.
Quarterly fee for overseas landlords to cover admin costs (in addition to full management fees)- £50

Income tax
UK resident landlords have a responsibility to inform the Inland Revenue of rental income received and to pay any tax due. Where the landlord is resident outside the UK during a tenancy (unless an exemption certificate is held) We are required to retain and forward to the Inland Revenue on a quarterly basis, an amount equal to the basic rate of income tax from rental received, less certain expenses. An application form for exemption from deductions is available from us, and further information may be obtained from the Inland Revenue.

If a landlord lives overseas but lets a property in England or Wales on an assured shorthold tenancy (AST) and takes a deposit. We will have to protect their tenants’ deposit by placing it in a government backed custodial scheme.

Investment Advice
Karsons Lettings are able to offer recommendations to investors looking to purchase buy-to-let properties in the UK. We can help source the right properties to fit your investment strategy. We can help you set up UK based limited companies to trade from.

Tenant information.